This group provides leadership within the Norman weather community via quarterly luncheons that serve as a crossroads for all stakeholders. The lunches are held at the National Weather Center and feature speakers and discussion among the members. The annual National Weather Festival is a project of the Weather Committee.
(Please review our Calendar for meeting dates & times)
4 Partners Place
301 David L. Boren Blvd, Room 3065
Co-Chairs: Deidra Peters, Valliance Bank, and Pat Hyland, National Weather Center
Staff: Erica Millar
Weather Committee Goals
- Provide leadership within the Norman weather community via regular meetings that serve as a crossroads for all stakeholders.
- Educate Norman residents and the State’s citizenry regarding the weather enterprise and ways in which it contributes to economic growth and improves quality of life.
- Continue promoting the National Weather Museum and Science Center in Norman.
- Continue sponsoring and promoting the National Weather Festival.
- Encourage participation of non-meteorology professionals on the Chamber Weather Committee and increase the participation of graduate and undergraduate students from a variety of disciplines.