Ribbon Cutting Guidelines
The Norman Chamber staff, Board of Directors, and Ambassador Committee members are excited to celebrate your company’s milestone with you whether it is the grand opening of your new business, a significant expansion within your business, or a noteworthy anniversary.
Ribbon Cuttings celebrate the following events:
- A Ground Breaking Ceremony for the location of a new business site
- A Grand Opening (within a year of year of the business opening)
- A business anniversary of 10 years or more (with increments of 5 years after the 10th year)
- A new location for your business
Before you set a date for your ribbon cutting, you must submit the attached paperwork at least two weeks before the tentative date. Ribbon Cuttings are on a first come first serve basis.
- Any ribbon cutting that is scheduled to be held within the Chamber’s normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) is FREE to active Chamber members.
- Any ribbon cuttings held outside the above-stated timeframe will require the purchase of a “Platinum Ribbon Cutting” package. The cost of the Platinum package is $250 and includes an after-hour ribbon cutting and all advertising associated with your ribbon cutting.
What you get from a Chamber ribbon cutting:
- The chamber will provide the ribbon and scissors for the ribbon cutting, along with Chamber staff, volunteer board members, and Chamber ambassador representatives.
- The Chamber promotes its ribbon cuttings through social media communication, including a Facebook LIVE video during the event. The Chamber will tag your company when applicable to the various social media platforms.
- Please visit the Norman Chamber’s Facebook page to see the LIVE videos of past ribbon cuttings. Most of the Chamber’s ribbon cuttings follow this script.
- The Chamber also promotes ribbon cuttings on its website and in its weekly and monthly e-newsletters, which are sent out to more than 2,500 business professionals.
Remember, the success of any ribbon cutting is determined on the effort you put into it. The Chamber encourages you to invite family, friends, clientele, etc., who know your story and will share in the excitement of your celebration.
Please contact Jamie Wade, Vice President of Membership, to schedule your ribbon cutting at (405) 321-7260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.