GoodCall names Norman 40th best city to buy a forever homeon
GoodCall analysts reviewed and weighted six metrics that indicate areas where families can happily put down roots for life. Data considered were:
- Affordability, the median selected monthly owner costs as a percentage of household income in the past 12 months from the American Community Survey 2015, accounted for 10% of a city’s total score.
- Net Migration made up 10% of the score. This metric is the percentage population change between 2010 and 2015 the American Community Survey.
- Unemployment, taken from the 2015 American Community Survey, was 10% of the score.
- Home Value Recession Recovery, calculated as the change in median home value between 2009 and 2015, made up 30%.
- The crime rate, expressed as incidents per 1,000 residents from FBI 2015 crime data, was 10% of the score. Analysts used data from the Metropolitan Statistical Area if city data was not available.
- Educational Attainment made up 30% of the final score. Data from the American Community Survey showed the percentage of residents age 25 and older with a bachelors or higher (which was 10%) and those age 25 and older with a high school diploma or higher (which was 20%).