Meets on third Tuesday of each month
National Weather Service
120 David L. Boren Blvd.
Co-Chairs: Deidra Peters, Valliance Bank, and Patrick Hyland, National Weather Center
Staff: Erica Millar
Weather Committee Goals
- Provide leadership within the Norman weather community via regular meetings that serve as a crossroads for all stakeholders.
- Educate Norman residents and the State’s citizenry regarding the weather enterprise and ways in which it contributes to economic growth and improves quality of life.
- Continue promoting creation of the National Weather Museum and Science Center in Norman
- Continue sponsoring and helping organize the National Weather Festival.
- Encourage participation of non-meteorology professionals on the Chamber Weather Committee and increase the participation of graduate and undergraduate students from a variety of disciplines.
National Weather Festival info here