Norman Regional Health Systems Announces Upcoming Eventson
Norman Regional has three upcoming events we wanted to inform you about.
* Free Disinfect your Device at Norman Regional Moore. Saturday, February 9 from 11am-2pm.
* Norman Regional Health System and Xenex are teaming up to help you professionally disinfect your device this cold and flu season. Scientists have found cell phones can have up to 10 times more bacteria than a toilet seat! Let us help you keep your devices clean and your family healthy!
* Devices you can bring include:
* Gaming devices
* Other activities include
* Storytime with the Moore Public Library at 11:30
* Touch-a-Truck with an EMSSTAT ambulance
* Coloring for kids
* Physicians and the Emergency Room Nurses will be available to answer questions
* The event is free and open to the public. No registration required.
* One lucky person will win a chance to have their home disinfected by one of Xenex’s Germ-Zapping Robots free of charge!
* Free Healthy Heart Event - Tuesday, February 19 from 5-7pm
* Be sweet to your heart, at Norman Regional’s healthy heart event.
* You can learn about heart disease, prevention and nutrition from a cardiac thoracic surgeon as well as dietitians. You can also be screened for your risk of experiencing a heart attack.
* From 5:00 - 6:00 pm
* Activities include: Free blood results, blood pressure screenings and risk assessments
* Information booths on health and wellness providers
* From 6:00 - 7:00 pm - Cooking demonstration with Dr. Kyle Toal and dietitians from Norman Regional’s Diabetes and Nutrition Education.
* Norman Regional is offering everyone who attends the Health Heart Event a free lipid profile and A1C blood test.
* The blood test must be completed by Saturday, February 16 in order to have the results in time for the event.
* Bloodwork will not be drawn at the event.
* Simply take this ad into any Norman Regional affiliated laboratory during its normal business hours.
* Fasting a minimum of 12 hours is suggested to have an accurate result. Plain Water is allowed to avoid dehydration.
* The event is free and open to the public. No registration required. You can call 405.307.7787 with questions.
* Ladies Night Out: Be Sweet to Your Heart
* Thursday, February 21 from 6-8pm at Nosh in Moore
* Our hearts get overloaded with stress from the day to day grind. One proven way to reduce our stress is to take time out and do something fun and creative. Gardening is great for this.
* Join Norman Regional Physicians in getting out hands dirt, choosing a succulent and making the perfect planter. It could be just what your hearts need.
* Fee for the event is $25. Includes supplies, hors d'oeuvres, wine and chocolate.
* Advanced payment and registration is required.
* Visit normanregional.com/besweet.
* Call 405.307.RSVP (307-7787) with any questions.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please let me know.
Norman Regional Health System