Meets on third Tuesday of each month
National Weather Service
120 David L. Boren Blvd.
Co-Chairs: Deidra Peters, Republic Bank & Trust
Patrick Hyland, National Weather Center
Staff: Kyla McMoran
Weather Committee Goals
- Provide leadership within the Norman weather community via regular meetings that serve as a crossroads for all stakeholders.
- Educate Norman residents and the State’s citizenry regarding the weather enterprise and ways in which it contributes to economic growth and improves quality of life.
- Continue promoting creation of the National Weather Museum and Science Center in Norman
- Conntinue sponsoring and helping organize the National Weather Festival.
- Encourage participation of non-meteorology professionals on the Chamber Weather Committee and increase the participation of graduate and undergraduate students from a variety of disciplines.
Job Shadow Initiative
Goal: To expand the job shadow opportunity for Cleveland County high school students throughout the Norman Weather Community.
Job Shadowing helps students make the classroom-career connection!
Potential meteorology jobs to shadow include forecasters, weather researchers, technicians, video production, and public relations.
Norman Weather Community Businesses:
Does your business or agency want to participate in the Job Shadow Initiative? To get started, please contact Jeff Peters. Thank you!
Cleveland County High Schools:
- Are you a principal, counselor, or teacher in Cleveland County, and want to provide a job shadowing opportunity for your students?
Please send the following information to Andrea Melvin, email@example.com
- Name of high school
- Name of high school counselor and principal
- Counselor’s email address and phone number
- If known, the number of students interested in job shadowing
Are you a high school student in Cleveland County who wants to job shadow in a meteorology career? Please contact your school counselor and have them provide the above list of contact information to Andrea Melvin, firstname.lastname@example.org